My screenplay and shot list for the short story. I’ve purposefully left the character’s names and genders vague, as well as their relationship. This is because my only desire, in terms of actors, is two people with an ability to show a close relationship - whether it be romantic or platonic. I think this will be necessary to get the tone I’ve envisioned.
I’ve never written a proper screenplay or shooting script before, and I really enjoyed myself. Having my prose version to reference for it was obviously easier than writing from scratch.
My next job will be to think about locations and storyboards. I have an actor in mind, but I haven’t thought too deeply about that part yet.
I know that, this year, I want to use my projects to focus mostly on cinematography, colour, and storytelling. I also want to perhaps include matte paintings and motion graphics in my work.
With this in mind, I struggled thinking of ideas for this project, until I remembered a short story I had written over the summer.
stabilized star trek shot
30 Day Challenge // Day 25 // Something From Mythology
Though I’m not really a fan of where the story has gone, I’ve always loved the mythology of Doctor Who. Recently the 50th Anniversary depicted a Gallifreyan painting which was a moment in time captured in a picture, literally. So, I was curious about what a Gallifreyan sculpture might look like. I imagined it as a TARDIS in a time where everything is gone and all that’s left of these relics is the box of time they contained and the shell has withered leaving only scrambled, fluctuating moments in time from when it was alive. Almost like it’s dreaming.
In my pitch for this project, I planned to film a short sequence and insert an animated character into it.
Note: The chronological order for these posts are incorrect when viewed through ‘scottyvfx.tumblr.com/tagged/secondfmp’ and I do not understand why. It is best to view this project’s content through ‘scottyvfx.tumblr.com’ instead whilst ignoring previous projects.
I’m not pleased with the artifacts on the wall in the first shot, or the amount of grain in general (I used denoised footage, honest!). For some reason, the grading messed all that up.
Apart from that, I’m really pleased. It’s just how I imagined it to be.
I’m making the cat interact with the plant more when it jumps in. This shot moves quite quickly, so I don’t have to be too perfect with it.
Adding some contact shading onto the cat from the hand before I grade the footage and render it all out.
I have to render the footage in after effects rather than premiere pro because the shadow under the cat is set to multiply mode, which won’t work if I render it out without the back plate.
I’ve got a portfolio update! :D
I fell in love with Krysta Rodriguez and her performance in The Addams Family Broadway Musical a few months ago… and I thought it would be fun to explore my own take on the Addams Family… and well… here it is! haha xD
This truly was a learning experience for me because I can clearly see how much I need to improve and how far away I am from where I want to be.. However I’m glad I pushed myself to go outside my comfort zone! It was well worth it.
Lastly, I wanna thank my amazing teachers/mentors who walked me through this process these past few months! I owe all I’ve learned to them <3
I will be posting Part 2 of the portfolio shortly so stay tuned!
OR you can check it out at LissyMarlin.com if you want :)
Thank you guys <3